According to a linguistic research study, the present simple, past simple, and the present perfect tenses account for about 98% of the tensed verbs in any kinds of academic essays and papers. The overall contribution of the types of the present tense is significantly huge, which causes certain problems for writers to use them accurately in their respective writings. Let’s talk about those problems the writers face and their solutions via automated present tense for essays checker online tool to make your writings more effective and professional.
How Tense Checker Helps Writers to Reduce Writing Problems
The correct use of tenses in short, long, complex, conditional, and other sentences is a very uphill task to maintain the smooth flow and the effectiveness of writings. The majority of the mistakes occur due to the shifting of tenses within complex and conditional sentences as well as in the essay paragraphs. The shifting of tenses is strictly prohibited by APA and other writing guidelines for academic writings. The major difficulties faced by writers include:
- Correct use of tense to express the right function of sentence
- Using the right tense in conjunction and conditional sentences
- Shifting of tenses in a complex sentence
- Maintaining a paragraph without any shifting of tenses
- How to identify simple present tense in long phrasal sentences
- And many others
To address such problems manually needs linguistic expertise and training for professional-level editing. An online tool helps you to convert present tense to past tense online and streamline the sentences as well as paragraphs in line with the grammar rules and professional writing standards.
An Overview of Present Tense
Present tense is a form of sentence that shows that the action is going on currently. The present tense also defines the state of the action that exists in the current time. There are four major types of the present tense, as listed below:
- Present simple tense
- Present continuous tense
- Present perfect tense
- Present perfect continuous tense
The examples of the above-mentioned four sentences are listed below respectively:
- I take a cup of tea.
- I am taking a cup of tea.
- I have taken a cup of tea.
- I have been taking a cup of tea for/since (a specific point of time or period)
The above-mentioned examples are simple forms of sentence, there are many types of other sentences which are complex, long, conditional, and connected with the conjunction sentences, etc. Using correct tenses in those sentences make your writing more useful. The use of present simple tense is very extensive in almost all types of writings; so, you need to focus on a few common rules of using present simple tense in your writing:
- Rule 1. To describe natural truth that does not change. Example: Sun rises in the east.
- Rule 2. To describe running events and games, etc. Example: John takes the ball and crosses the centerline.
- Rule 3. To describe the status. Example: He is a young boy.
- Rule 4. To describe routine activities. Example: I take the train to the office at 7 AM.
- Rule 5. To describe habits. Example: She takes a meal twice a day.
You can use our online present tense sentence generator for getting help on the right use of tenses in different conditions described in the rules for the present simple tense.
Main Features of Our Past and Present Tense Checker Online Tool
The core features of our past tense checker online tool are designed through detailed feedback and guidelines from the linguistic experts and grammaticians. Salient features of our tool include:
- Instant detection of misuse of present tenses
- Checking tense consistency in conjunction sentences
- Detection of sentences in conditional sentences
- Misuse of past and future tenses
- Shifts in tenses in a paragraph
- Provides suggestions for corrections
- Offers explanation of the misuse of tenses
- And much more
You can also use our professional-grade tool to change present tense to past tense online converter capability if required.
Additional Features of Our Online Essay Present Tense Finder
Other than the core features, our tool also offers additional features to enhance your writing capabilities and improve your academic work, as mentioned below:
- Spell checking. Online tense checker tool finds the spelling mistakes in the entire paper and provides the options to correct those spelling mistakes instantly.
- Tone checking. By using our professional platform to change past tense paper to present tool offers you an additional capability of determining the tone of your paper.
- Grammar checking. In addition to the core functions of correcting the use of tenses, our platform also offers a grammar checking feature. It checks almost all types of grammatical errors in a piece of text you write.
- Plagiarism checking. Plagiarism is one of the biggest problems in modern writings because it involves intellectual property infringement. Our tool helps you avoid this forbidden act in your writings.
Usage Guide to Work and Check for Present Tense Online
You can use an online tool to make sure that you used the right tenses to express your work in English. To use our online tool, use the following step-by-step guide:
- Open our online tool in any supported web browser
- Copy the text that you want to check for the correct use of tenses
- Paste the copied text into the tense checking field or widget for inputting text
- To run the tense checker online tool, you need to click the ‘Check for text’ button or hit the return button on your computer keyboard
- Tool check the text automatically and marks the misuse of tense by underlining those mistakes
- Click underlined mistakes. The corrective suggestions popup on the screen.
- Choose the right option to correct the tenses.
- Your task is completed!